Technology Trends for 2016 and Beyond
Tech consultancy Gartner predicts consumers will have more than three mobile devices connected to the Internet in five years' time. It predicts the world will have more than eight billion connected devices such as smartphones, tablets, e-readers, smart glasses and other wearables.
Ericsson surveyed 6,600 smartphone users aged 15-69 in 13 major cities around the world.
Other findings of the report include:
- 85% think wearable electronic assistants will be commonplace
- 80% think internal sensors will measure our well being and enhance our vision, hearing and memory
- 66% of commuters are dissatisfied with video streaming on the move
- 45% of teens watch an hour or more of YouTube (GOOG) everyday
- 44% want a 3D printer to produce food at home
- 33% want AI to keep them company
A note from Her HeartBeat:
Digital Technologies will be critical for a company's success. Platforms will become the trend for 2016 and beyond as they begin to disrupt traditional website SEO and the utilization of social media platforms.
Utilization of multi-media channels, such as creating one on the Her HeartBeat Media & Broadcasting App or purchasing your own platform is extremely important for brands to be successful. Website searches will be a thing of the past as web hooks and deep links will be searched through platform channels and branded platform apps.
Contact me with questions or for more details for your brand or company.